Google
 

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

How Can I Be A Better Song Leader?

How can I be a better song leader? Someone asked me for some advice with this question through the internet. She said that a Youth Jam Event will be held soon in their hometown joined with the other houses of worship. In times of practices and rehearsals together with her praise and worship teammates; misunderstandings and arguments arise. She felt embarrassed in the eyes of God when this happens and feels like she doesn’t want to sing anymore.

I believe that God is tolerating the demon to disrupt their practices or rehearsals. They encounter problems because they don’t accompany each other with bible study and meditation. They spend too much time in sharpening their music to make it perfect rather than contemplating their spiritual growth. I am not into modernized Christian music but I suppose that it is most eminent if God has been delighted rather than the mob.

In my church, I constantly felt down when we have choir rehearsals in Saturdays. The reason is that I am the only one tenor in the choir. Thanks to God for He gave me enough strength to hold on. I never complained to Him because it is truly my desire to serve and praise Him through music. I never noticed that during practices, I can easily familiarize the notes nearly perfect and become independent with my parts.

I don’t care if it does not sound good to the people as long as God had seen my passion to sing for Him, only to please Him. If negative critics, boos, or comments take place; just let them be and ignore them. I don’t want any applause from the audience since it is not them that I served. Be grateful and leave it alone to God. Just do your part and keep on exalting Him through songs because God knows what’s in your heart at all times.

“The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.” (Exodus 15:2)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hangaling naman! pwede na magpastor ;)