Google
 

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Maphack Dominates DOTA All Stars

Maphack is a cheat used in some real-time strategy games such as Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne which endows a map visibility advantage or enables the player to see further of the map than the game expects them to see. I have known some resource sites of this and they have a lot more cheat programs other than maphack.

The website that provides cheats has been blocked by most of the internet cafés in Davao City for the reason that most DOTA players have been using this maphack program lately. But, do you think this action will solve to stop the map hacking problem? I don’t think so. What if some players will go to other internet cafés just to download the maphack? Even now I still observed several gamers are still using it, especially, those computer geeks. They really loved to play and win the game in a deceitful way.

I tried to prove that I’m right by testing this program. I’ve downloaded and send it to my personal e-mail. Then, I opened it to an internet café which disables maphack sites but damn, it is still working.

It’s getting worse than ever and I don’t know when this maphack will put into an end. I suppose that there are also some other hacking programs exist like, boosting up character’s gold, attributes, etc. When I played DOTA yesterday, I can’t believe that Rylai, the Crystal Maiden, had already some items like dagger, boots of travel and soul booster at level 10.

Isn’t it annoying? Well, there’s nothing we can do about this, until anti-maphack for local area network will be created.

I have made some poll here which will end on the 1st day of year 2008. Cast your vote for maphack if you are in favor on it, or if not, just click anti-maphack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

either we have noobs in our team, or they maphack. sometimes maphacking doesnt mean winning anyway. and if we win, ill just say GG thanks for staying. thats all.